Well its been a while since I posted some news... I've been studying composition with Yotam Haber at the University of New Orleans for a few years now. He has written a piece called New Water Music that will be performed Saturday April 8, 2017 at the Seabrook Boat Launch on Lake. the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra is involved and so is New Orleans Airlift and so are some shrimp boats and barges. It should be interesting. I'll be joining them on Viola (which is a new for me!). More Information here:
Hi All, As some of you know I've been studying music at the University of New Orleans for the last several years. I'm getting close to a masters degree in jazz studies and will be performing a recital this Tuesday. I'm excited! Funny I've never done a recital. Not as a kid ever. So I'm calling it a concert. Anyway I would love to see you if you are free. It is a free show at the recital hall in the UNO performing arts center.
Pianist and UNO graduate student, Bill Malchow, performs with a trio on Tuesday, November 17, 7pm at the Performing Arts Center Recital Hall. Bill will be showcasing original compositions and arrangements written while studying at UNO. Joining him will be Joel Zobrist on drums and Nathan Lambertson on bass. http://www.billmalchow.com
The Age of Exploration. A new record by Rory Danger and the Danger Dangers is about to be released. I co produced it along with Aurora Nealand, and Andre Bohren. Here is a first review from Nola.com.
I've been working on a Rory Danger record. It's titled "Age of Exploration". That's all I'm allowed to say.
Stay tuned here: http://rorydanger.com/
Proud to be on two new CD releases. Buy them here from the Louisiana Music Factory Aurora Nealand & The Royal Roses – The Lookback Transmission and Antoine Diel and the Misfit Power – On The Corner of Hope and New Orleans
or perhaps you prefer to download:
Where's a great place to escape the August heat of New Orleans! a New York City beach! I'm sitting on the beach in Bell Harbor, NY, there is a construction going on of a new storm wall, but otherwise it looks normal, people enjoying the beach. Trees have had trouble recovering from Sandy let's hope they pull through.
I'm playing in Beacon, NY and NY, NY thursday and friday. Check the show page for details.
Here is my jazzfest schedule summary: Best to look on my show's page for specific times.
- Wed 4/24 Lafayette Square with Dave Jordan and the Neighborhood Improvment Association 5pm
- Thu 4/25 - 7:15 Alex Mcmurray Band in City Park Botanical Garden
- Fri 4/26 7pm - Solo Piano at Le Bon Temps Roulez (free oysters)
- Fri 4/26 11pm - With Dave Jordan and the NIB at Le Bon Temps Roulez
- Sat 4/27 11:25am - Alex McMurray Band at Jazz Fest Gentilly Stage
- Sat 4/27 10pmish - Alex McMurray Band at Circle Bar
- Mon 4/29 7pm Nine Lives at the Contemporary Arts Center
- Tue 4/30 10pmish Shannon McNally Record Release/Bobby Charles Tribute with Lil Band of Gold. Rock n Bowl
- Wed 5/1 6:30pm Singing with Valparaiso Men's Chorus - at Chaz Fest
- Thu 5/2 - off or I forgot something...
- Fri 5/3 - 6pm - 9pm Aurora Nealand and the Royal Roses at Three Muses
- Fri 5/3 - 10pm - 1am? Dave Jordan/West Bank Mike - at Old Point Bar
- Sat 5/4 - 11pm Rory Danger and the Danger Dangers - Allways Lounge
- Sun 5/5 - A Day of Rest
- Mon 5/6 - 3pm Alex McMurray Band at Louisiana Music Factory
- Mon 5/6 - 4:30pm Dave Jordan Band at Louisiana Music Factory
- Mon 5/6 - 6pm - 9pm Paul Sanchez and company at D.B.A.